Thursday, July 13, 2006

S'more Thailand pics

Spirit houses on the beach. You see spirit houses all the time in Thailand, that's where the spirits go so they don't live in your own house and cause trouble. People also leave offerings outside them for their relatives.



This was the view from the spa I went to on my last day in Koh Tao. I had a herbal sauna (you sweat in a nice smelling place), a aloe vera body wrap, a facial massage and an oil massage, the whole thing was over 2 1/2 hours. Then I had to get on the boat and bus and go back to Bangkok. The whole time I was like, "wow, this bus ride is so long....wow, I'm so soft!

Inside Wat Mathati. These pictures are not in chronological order and I can't seem to figure out how to fix them....anyway, there was a celebration and all these little old ladies made me dance with them and parade around the temple. Then they all came in and had a sit.


On the beach. Just last week. Now I'm back in Taiwan and there's a typhoon and it's raining very hard. Sigh.

3 comments:

Dale Kirby said...

Nice!

cm said...

Great pics!

Karina said...

Hi Bridget,
Honestly speaking I enjoyed reading your blog. Pictures are awesome!!!.
You made me remember all wonderful moments that I had during my trip to Thailand.
Thailand is an attractive tourist destination thanks to its mesmerizing cultural heritage and distinctive natural beauty.
It is my lovely country.
I am glad, really glad that Thailand is doing its best in order to attract tourists, businessmen to invest in Thailand property. Thailand has a big potential.