Thursday, July 06, 2006

Diving done, didn't drown.

I love alliteration.

Got my dive card yesterday so now I can scuba dive pretty much everywhere! You know what's hard? Taking off your mask underwater and putting it back on again. It was one of the exercises you have to know how to do, you take off your mask, put it back on and exhale through your nose to clear the water out of it. My brain took a lot of coaxing to remember not to breathe through my nose.

Anyway, it's 9:30am on Friday here and I'm going to head to a spa in an hour for a massage and a facial and maybe they'll wrap me up in seaweed or something. I will be human sushi. I have to leave for Bangkok at 2:30 and then tomorrow is my last full day in Thailand. Pooh. I'm excited about buying some rum at the duty free though, you can get Havana Club here, it's non-existant in Taiwan.

Taker e z.

Bridget

2 comments:

Laura said...

You're smart to do a proper course! I tried to do an actual dive my first time ever even encountering the equipment and I had a panic attack underwater and had to go back to shore! I'm not sure I'd ever try it again now. But it looks cool!

Bridget Canning said...

Wow Melissa, your hair is so long and straight! Last time I saw it, it was bobbed off and curly.

I'm going to try to do some diving here in Taiwan, there's this Canadian guy Joe and he brings people out all the time.