Sunday, October 01, 2006

Start of Moon Festival

Mid-Autumn or Moon Festival has started up which means BBQ madness. My building had free barbeque for all the tenants (if you signed up beforehand) which means you got a little barbeque, some hot coals and a big bag of raw food to cook. There were also roasting a full pig out on the street (which I didn't get a photo of, sorry). My scooter was parked close by with my helmet on the handlebars and the next day, it was covered with ashes and a thin layer of grease. And my helmet smelled like bacon. Nice.

There was live music too, it turned out to be a great night.



Daniel and Jeff, cookin' and eatin'.
From left to right, Geoff, Phil and Faye, all from the land of Canada.


That's PJ's, one of the pubs at the bottom of my building. Faye is playing and the little boy is rocking out.

And that was Saturday......

I can't believe I'm going to Nepal in 3 days! AAAAhhh! So much to do.... Have to change large amounts of money into different currencies, make a schedule for the upcoming Halloween party so it's set up for when I come back, make sub plans, clean my apartment, find someone to water my plants and go to a few more barbeques. And pack. Right now the plan is to do an 8 day trek in Annapurna, so I'll be packing light. I'm mad, I know.

Okay, will post more later.

Bridget

No comments: