Sunday, September 24, 2006

Spontaneous Trip to Kenting

So I was supposed to go camping last week with a couple of girls I work with, but it was cancelled due to typhoons - which made it the third attempt to get out of Taichung this month that was twarted (the camping trip was originally going to happen the week before, but the girls decided they wanted to go see West Life in Taipei. I was also planning on going scuba diving this weekend, but it also got cancelled).

So on Friday when my friend Emily wrote me and said "there's a night bus that leaves at 2:00am and gets to Kenting around 7:00, let's go tonight." I said, "shag it, why not?" So we packed our backpacks, went out to a club and hopped on the 2:00 bus. Here are a few pics of the beach and stuff.


Men in speedos! We were trying to figure out where they were from as the Taiwanese usually avoid the sun.


Peachy beach.


Emily and I in the hotel room.


Taiwan boys hopping off rocks.

Me on the street, fresh off the 7 hour bus ride.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, come ON! You passed up West Life?

I've had two coworkers tell me, excitedly and alarmingly unironically, that they went to see Take That recently. Yowsers.

cm said...

Lookin' good for having spent the night on a bus. :-)

Bridget Canning said...

Tanks Christina. That's what I wore to the club the night before. I'm classy like that.