Monday, September 11, 2006

It's okay to be jealous of me....

....because all the cool, choice shit happens to me. I have a horseshoe up my...nose. Check it out.

From January 31st to February 4th I get a free flight and expense paid trip to, Iowa City! While I'm there, I get to meet and interview potential teachers for the school! So four full days of meeting fresh-out-of college, young Americans from the Midwest. Rad shit.

And, I also get to go with Bih Hua, the principal of the school and my boss! I really feel that once we're out of Taiwan and away from the school and the helm of responsibility that she's going to cut loose and par-tay! I foresee a wild road trip to Mexico! Tequila and gigolos! Thelma and Louise will look like a pair of fausty, rheumatic, bingo-addicted nuns compared to us.



Bridget

5 comments:

Laura said...

Aw MAN! Now you'll be puttin' on airs and acting like you're all cosmopolitan and stuff. Huh.

Bridget Canning said...

Cosmopolitan? I grew up on a sheep farm in a community of 1500 people....

Actually, I've heard Iowa City is quite nice. But I doubt I'll have much time to explore it. I also work/have worked with lots of Americans from the Midwest who were really cool....although the thought of interviewing a bunch of perky college students for 4 days is quite daunting.

Bridget Canning said...

Anyway, now that I have my morning coffee and am rereading this, I did get a bit carried away, so I removed the Des Moine comment and some of my sarcasm.

Patrick Thomas Canning said...

1500?
theres only about 80 people in the highlands, you're totally putting on airs.

Bridget Canning said...

I meant the "Highlands to Heatherton" area, smartarse.