Monday, March 19, 2007

What I'm listening to and watching and stuff

I just got me a whole bunch of new music from Olivier and I can't stop listening to Indochine. They've from France and have been around since 1981. They sound a bit like Joy Division and The Cure. And I understand every 4th or 5th word or so.

Blockbuster has finally got the second season of Desperate Housewives and I watched the first 4 episodes on Sunday. I love Edie, she's such a ho.

I just finished reading "Inconceivable" by Ben Elton which was left over from my fluffy vacation reading. Apparently they made a movie out of it called "Maybe Baby" or something. Anyway. It was ok. I hate it when book critics rage about a novel being "uproariously funny!!! Laugh out loud hilarious!!" It sets the bar too high. But I guess "clever and mildly amusing" doesn't sell paperbacks.

I saw "Dream Girls" a couple of weeks ago and it's worth seeing for Eddie Murphy. I also recently saw pirated versions of "The Pursuit of Happiness" and "The Departed". Sometimes I can't believe how easy it is to see movies now. I remember when driving into Stephenville to watch "Splash!" was one of the highlights of the year.

Besides that, I'm looking for a new Chinese Tutor as mine bailed because she's teaching at a university and is too busy for little ol' me. We have a 4 day weekend April 4th - 8th and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

Hopefully I will get a new camera soon and have photos to post once again.

Bridget

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh. My. God. I spent much of my youth obsessed with Indochine because we got Musique Plus on TV in Kingston. LOVE them! Like you, I don't often understand what they say but there's something so wonderfully poppy and catchy about them, but very exotic and Euro at the same time. I used to daydream of Paris ... (though I think the singer is Belgian? I had a huge crush on him too!)

I actually have a half-composed blog post about them that I've never gotten around to finishing!