Sunday, July 15, 2007

In the final stretch!

Home in 6 days! I keep telling myself I don't have much to do, then I think about it for a few minutes and start twitching nervously! I just got my computer fixed up (it was slow and contrary) and decided to start on one of my biggest, most procrastinated projects - importing my cds on to my computer. Why did I think this would be an easy task? I have a disgusting amount of cds. It's been 2 days and I'm still on the "c's". At the same time, it's so much fun. I have music that I haven't listened to and forgotten about and it's great to relive it. I have 8 Johnny Cash albums!

I have recently moved down to the other branch of my school, the Nan Men Road campus which is where I started out and so far it's been great. More of a commute now, but it's not too bad. I'm sure I'll be whining about it in 4 months though!

Here is some recent oddness for your amusement;

About 2 weeks ago, I was leaving Grooveyard (local live music bar) and was stopped by a Taiwanese man and woman who asked me if I wanted to be in a commerical. Turned out the commerical was for diet pills and they wanted me to be the "before" picture. "You so beautiful, we take picture of you, then use computer to make you slim. We pay you 2000NT up front!" I told them I was not interested, then dragged my deflated ego home.

Last Sunday night I was woken up at 2:15AM by the security guard who knows no English, but frantically managed to communicate I should get out of my apartment. It turned out there was a girl on the floor above me who was threatening to jump out the window and they were scared she would land on my patio. I threw on some clothes and came out to find the cops, an ambulance with stretchers ready to go and the fire department with the trampoline/net thingy set up on the street below. Anyway, I didn't see her jump, but apparently she did and is fine. It's been difficult getting information about it seeing as my Chinese sucks.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get my "A through J" box of cds done before next Saturday! Can't wait for Canada!

Bridget

No comments: