Thursday, April 12, 2007

goin's on....

Busy, busy, busy! Tomorrow I start the first day of 2 1/2 weeks of subbing for a kindergarten class, the teachers at my school have their annual class performances starting in about 10 days and we're trying to organize the new school year, which will start in July. I also just started taking lessons with a private Chinese tutor and a yoga class. So haven't been pausing much lately....in fact, I'm so tired at the moment that the thought of going to sleep gives me a little tingle in my belly. It's pretty bad when closing your eyes and having a little nap is a secret thrill.

My Chinese tutor had a laugh at my Chinese name, which is printed on my ARC (Alien Resident Card. I'm an alien! I always knew it was true). When you're a foreigner and you move to Taiwan, you get a Chinese name which is basically a phonetic translation of your name into Mandarin. For the past 3 1/2 years, I've thought my name (which kind of goes "Boo Jee Er") meant "fresh clean cloth." I was told it was a very pretty name, like pure linen or something. But really, it means a cloth that you clean something with. So I really am just a j-cloth. Sigh.

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th! Oooooooo! Good luck! I hope the little kindys are nice to me.

Bridget

No comments: