Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm a pokey blogger.

My God....it's already almost 2 weeks into 2007! I think one of my new year's resolutions was to keep up with my blog....

School is busy with parent/teacher conferences coming up and Chinese New Year. Turns out I'm not going to Iowa now for the hiring. Bummer. The school closes for 2 weeks for Chinese New Year and I'm taking the week off before it. I'm heading to Thailand to lie on a beach and do nothing for a while, then run around a bit and eventually get to Saigon, which is where we eventually leave from. I say "run around a bit" because I really don't know what I'm doing between Thailand and Viet Nam! Hopefully get to Laos and reunite with my friends Nic and Meg who moved to Saigon in August.

Right now I'm reading "The End of the Affair" by Graham Greene. I've been on both a Graham Greene and a Ian McKweon kick for the past few months, I read "The Power and the Glory" (Graham Greene) this summer and "Enduring Love" (Ian McKweon). I've also rented the first season of "Carnivale" which is great! So creepy! And I recently downloaded the new Dashboard Confessional album, which is ok when I'm in the mood for "bite your fist" emo music. I also like The Gossip and am listening to "Standing in the Way of Control" a lot (recommended by the previously mentioned Meg!)

One of my other big resolutions of 2007 is to save money and kick the retail habit that I have picked up over the past year. Some environments are bad to live in if you have a certain habit to give up - living next to George Street would be bad for an alcoholic, living in Little Italy in Toronto is bad if you're trying to lose weight (it was very hard for me being surrounded by Italian bakeries and pizza places). Since I've paid off my loans, I seem to have picked up the Asian shopping disease and it's very hard to shake. Especially since Taichung is one of the biggest shoe producing cities around.....I have 2 pairs of Crocs, one pair of Reeboks, one pair of Birkenstocks, one pair of Converse sneakers, a pair of purple sequined opened toed heels and I can count at least 6 pairs of dressy sandals off the top of my head which I can maybe wear for 3 months out of the year back in Canada....anyway, it's got to stop!

Will pass on progress later.

Bridget

1 comment:

The Scribe said...

I have a blog on Newfoundland also please pass on to your friends