Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Input needed - waddya like?

I'm currently at my computer adding songs to my MP3 player. I've been listening to a lot of Bloc Party and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah lately. Would like any suggestions as to new music I can check out via the internet or good internet radio stations as the music exposure here in Taiwan is a bit weak. I mean, Air Supply came to Taichung a while ago and apparently they rocked the house, but I still feel limited somehow.

Also looking for input on good books. I just finished reading "The Power and the Glory," by Graham Greene, which was fantastic. Now reading fluffier stuff, "Good In Bed," by Jennifer Weiner, it's about an overweight woman who's exboyfriend writes a column about what it was like to date a "larger" lady. It's good, but it feels like the author watches too much Sex and the City.

Been going through tons of old photo cds trying to make a collection of my favorite Asia pictures. It's tedious. So much shit. So many crappy pics of "this is the hotel room we stayed in," or "this is what we had for lunch." Messy beds and dirty plates. No one ever looks at pictures like this, why take them? Perhaps I'm just not sedimental. Anyway, it's 11:00pm and I'm crapping out. Bed.

Bridget

4 comments:

Patrick Thomas Canning said...

I really like beirut's new album "the gulag orkestar", try The handsome family's album "through the trees" thats one of my all time favorites. try anything by "mount eerie" I'm all into that. or try scott walkers new album "the drift" if you want to hear something spook the shit out of you. or try otis taylors album "below the fold". the residents new album "animal lover" pretty crazy good.
The last really good book I read was Stanislaw Lems "his masters voice", not a light read at all though. that's it, no more suggestions from me.

cm said...

You want flashbacks? I saw Poison this week on their 20th anniversary tour. Been a long time since I've seen that many shorts paired with high heels.

Death Cab for Cutie are good. I found them a little mellow at first listen but the more I listened, the more I liked them. Joel Plaskett's another good one. And, of course, the Tossers for the Pogue in you. :-)

cm said...

Oh, and as for the pictures, I'm the same way - lots of pics of hotel rooms and plates of food. Don't know why, but there it is.

Bridget Canning said...

I heart Joel Plaskett. And Death Cap for Cutie. Thanks for all your input bys, shall investigate your suggestions.

I've been renting episodes of nip/tuck (the show about the plastic surgeons in Miami) on DVD from Blockbuster. It's great, they cut people up and there's lots of raunchy sex. What else do you need from TV?